Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cylinder head cover weeping oil.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Prez, Jul 30, 2009.

1. The bike has done 10,000k's and is less than a year old. Could this be covered by warranty?

Will this be void if I dropped the bike at standstill? :oops: even though The bike was unscathed other than a scratch on the handlebars.
  2. Are you asking if your warranty has a km limit? If so I thought it came with a 2 yr unlimited km warranty.

Dropping the bike shouldn't void a warranty but I damage from the drop wouldn't be covered.
  3. If you qualify for the warrantee, I'd be trying to get it fixed under warrantee. They may well resist, but you should try anyway. It'll be a good story if they just fix it, so let us know who the dealer is.
  4. Just sounds like a tappet cover gasket to me, maybe the fasteners just need nipping up a little.
  5. I only thought about the warranty after I ordered the new gasket. But will ask them about it when they call up with the part and let you know how it went.