Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cyclist turned motorist

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by twoseats, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Hi all,

Finally decided to move from the bicycle to a cheeky motorcycle. Paying for registration and insurance like the rest of the population on the roads. Still got love the the motor-less two wheelers though.

2. Welcome to NR, how you're enjoying the move to motorised transport :)
  3. Oh mate, I don't even know where to begin. Picked up the bike, just after the new year. being in Melbourne the weather is so unpredictable. I'd say I've been lucky enough to have only been caught out in the rain around 3 times.
  4. The bicycle versus motorcycle thing flares up from time to time - dunno why. Look forward to your contris when it does.

Welcome to NR and the world of PTW's.
  5. Welcome to NR!

Now you can ride those roads you used to on your pushbike and actually enjoy the road and the scenery :p
  6. A surprisingly well trodden path. Welcome. There can be a synergy in being both a pushie and a motorcyclist.

I still largely commute by pushie (20km x 2 a day). Most is off road cycle paths, and quicker than gridlocked roads on a moto a lot of the time. Metabolism issue means If I don't do at least 150km a week on a pushie I put on multiple kilos that week - even eating freaking rabbit food.

So yeah, moto is for weekend runs with mates (twisties) long distance commuting, touring and running errands.

I have 18 wheels - no more than two on each vehicle!
  7. Welcome to NR..
  8. Welcome aboard, twoseatstwoseats.

It was surreal doing a bicycle even which went through my 'home' twisties - the thought that kept running through my mind was "fark everything's a lot steeper without a motor and decent brakes!"
  9. Thanks for the warm welcome! Been trawling the forums and I must say there's quite a lot of information to pick up on.

Peace yo!
  10. welcome aboard :]
  11. Ahh, you'll start to get peeved off with cyclists just like the rest of us do! Just remember to keep out of the cycle lanes...oh wait...no cyclist rides in the dedicated lane! How stupid of me!!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Welcome to NR!