Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cycle City - Taren Point

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by tycondan, Jul 27, 2010.

1. This business, Yamaha dealer, has recently gone bankrupt as I found when I tried to book the bike in for its service. I'm trying to track down the mechanic - Greg - who is absolutely outstanding - wherever he is working is where my bike needs to go. Anyone know????

2. Yes, heard lots of good things about the workshop there. Sorry mate, can't help you.
  3. Building is for sale already, saw it on the way home, didn't take them long to strip the building of signage and the like.
  4. Hi Chris, I don't know where Greg has gotten to, but I may be able to help you track him down.

I bought a VFR800 from Cycle City in 2004, they sold it for me in January this year (2010), so I haven't seen Greg since.

In that 5 years of having Greg service my bike, he told me how he's into old cars, and told me of a 'new' project he had just purchased - this was when CC were still in Blakehurst (2007ish?), showing me pics etc.

He said some of the pics (and they are here) are on Robbo's site -

scroll to the very bottom to see the pics of the old green truck. That's Greg's apparently in the black t-shirt, blue jeans, and that patented long hair. You can see him near the front right wheel crouching in the left photo. They had to take the wheels off this old truck to get it into the truck they were carrying it in.

so, my line of thought/suggestion is may be Robbo's (Campsie I believe know him) may be able to help you. I don't know his surname, though it shouldnt be too hard for them to figure out who he is, especially when he's on their site in the "cool staff cars" section.

Hope this helps, and good hunting.