Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CW 492 Check your blind spots!

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' at netrider.net.au started by DRMAT, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Blue bike, didn't catch what sort, rider had a nice new white Dianese jacket on. If you are this person or know this person PLEASE get them to learn to check their blind spots when changing lanes!

I rode with you for some time on the Monash just now as you repeatedly changed lanes and weaved in and out of traffic and not a single time did you check your blind spot, it was only the avoiding action of a car driver as you came across two lanes that stopped you being a greasy spot on the Monash mate. I don't want to witness that and i'm sure you don't want to be involved in that.

We as riders crucify car drivers for not doing checking blind spots and if it had been reversed i'm sure you'd be on here venting about the stupid car that almost ran you over, well today it was the car that saved your life when YOU didn't look.

2. If it was an r6 I have seen this rider and he is on a death wish, many a time cutting up lanes and leaving a bees dick between me and cars even, very unsafe but also quite lucky or skilled.

3. Nah wasn't a R6, it wasn't so much that his lane changing in general was erratic, close or dangerous (aside from OP incident) and he always indicated, just he changed two lanes and the second lane had a car in it and if the car driver hadn't seen him coming and braked and moved over he'd be sliding along the Monash at 100kmh. A simple look over his shoulder and he would have seen the car there (and the car hadn't changed speed or lane).

4. I was driving home tonight on the Monash and saw a blue bike weaving without any head checks, he cut across three lanes (I was in the middle lane). I noted the rego because I remembered reading this thread. I didn't have time to see the type of bike, but it was the same reg. I agree he wasn't riding erratically, but a quick head check would be nice.

5. Older Blackbird or similar i think it is, seen him twice this week already.