Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cutting out

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by .thomo, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Hi.. my first post
    I have a Honda Deauville NT700V 2006 model. Only 8000km. Lately it has been cutting out a lot. My bike shop says it probably is the fuel pump. Has anybody else had this problem? thomo

2. Firstly welcome.

Secondly, we need dome more info. What are you doing when it cuts out? What does it feel like? How long do you ride before it cuts out? Can you re-start straight away?
  3. Thirdly, this should really be in the 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' forum. Ready please Mr Moderator...

Cutting out comes down to one of two things - fuel or spark. So fuel pump would makes sense as a first guess. Can you clarify what you've checked, and possibly make *your* best guess as to which it is?

ibast's (Chef's?!) questions are helpful - what contexts does it happen in? Accelerating, decelerating, idling, cold, hot, etc.