Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Customs Trainee

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by P J, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I am looking for a new career direction.
    What I am trying to find out is does anyone know when Customs are next recruiting for Trainee's (not Graduate) either in Melbourne or Queensland ?

I sent an email to them at the end of October and got the standard response. "I am unable to advise you when the next intake of Customs Trainees will be. As Customs and Border Protection doesn't recruit at any particular time of the year. We only recruit on a needs Basis."

Has anybody got any 'inside' information or are able to point me in the right direction for a more accurate idea of when they are recruiting next.

Thanks for your help,
  2. I made it to recruitment once. Didn't make it through the first stage though. It's a very, very popular job. ;)
  3. Wow a job inspecting peoples skid marked underwear in their suitcases all day - nah not for me thanks

4. had a mate that worked at customs, took so much shit home wasnt funny, happens everywhere
  5. I heard they're mainly going for graduates these days?

I do like the idea of picking on foreigners all day.
  6. Hmmmm - Deja Vu - saw this same question on the Whirlpool forums :)

PJ - just keep checking the website. You will mainly see Graduate positions or other positions for banded officers to climb the ladder

Customs generally only advertise for new recruits one a year.

Maybe ring Customs HR and ask them as I know its not on the site.

BEst of luck - I work in a " customs " field. If I ever had to leave my job - I would jump straight into Customs or AQIS ( quarantine )