Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Customs Racing vinyls

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Mr_Ignorant, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get these done in Sydney? Need a few race decals done, don't want to use stickers.

2. do you want digital print or cut graphics?
  3. Excuse my ignorance here but what is the difference?

I have a picture of an MV Agusta that a bloke prepped for the track. It still keeps the original silver/red paint scheme, just some numbers and small decals to go over the top.
  4. They are both done on vinyl.
    Digital is used when you want something complex, multi coloured like a picture of a tree stuck on the side.

Single colour vinyl can be cut and layered to make up a complex images.

eg race numbers would most likely be cut. As would screen names.
    The netrider logo could be done either way as there are only two colours.

Anything with shadows or shading would need to be digitaly printed on vinyl.
  5. Thanks Ian. I went to a place today but i have zero confidence in them to do the right thing. I felt like a parrotconstantly having to repeat myself on the most basic thing such as 'this is white' then he says 'so this is Yellow?' :roll:

I might make a mock-up myself over the rest of the week to make sure it looks cool. If i can get it together i'll post up the pics to get some feedback.
  6. ok, send me your best sketch and I might be able to do something down here.