Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Customised or custom made seats

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by redviffer, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I'm interested in getting a custom seat. Has anyone had a seat made up for them by Corbin, Bagster, Top Saddlery or any other company?

These three brands look good on their website but can't seem to find out if they are distributed locally. Corbin seats are available from VPW I think it is but I'm reading a lot of negative reviews on them in the states. There are distributors for Top Saddlery and Bagster locally but I have failed to find any mention of seat availability. It seems local importers only purchase tank bags or protectors from them. I have send out a few emails to local distributors but have not yet received a reply from anyone.

If you have a seat from any of these manufacturers I'd like ot hear your opinions, what you find different about them compared to stock seat and see some pics. I tried searching for this topic but either I'm a net spastic or the search criteria is wrong because when I serch for 'Bagster seat' I get about 6300 related posts.

Please help?

2. You could also look at a John Moorehouse from QLD.

He used to be much cheaper than Corbin etc, but i think with the overseas models costing + shipping, and local demand rather than waiting weeks for an import the demand for his seats has skyrocketed, and so has the price....He is pretty much on par with Corbin, perhaps a tad cheaper..

3. Andrew Moorhouse has currently got my seat and wll be sending it back express post tomorrow :dance:
    luckily hubby has the same bike and is off work for the school hols as I am using his :LOL:

his webpage is

my tailbone shifts around so after about 50km's I cant even stand up on the pegs to stretch out
    Mr Moorhouse is fixing that for me

4. if you are wanting custom you are better off going to a car/boat upholsterer and getting the job done there, they will have a huge collection of colours and styles of material to choose from and will be able to do pretty much anything you need

i had mine done because i wanted a drag seat