Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Customise Kawa ZX10R with 360 Fat Tyre

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by champ, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Hi, I am looking at customising my 2007 ZX10R with a 360 rear tyre, does anybody know of where in NSW I can buy or talk to somebody about getting the 360 swing arm? Haven't been able to find any websites in Oz that make them?[/b]

2. Your not likely to find a swing arm straight 'off the shelf' to fit a tyre that big to a ZX10r.

You'll most probably have to get a customized one made.

There is a good reason you cant buy these pre-made.

3. Exclusivity?

Champ, you'll have to go to the street fighter/ chopper brigade to help you out on this one. Won't be cheap, & most likeily only come out in chrome, but they should be able to price one just for you.

4. Anyone recommend a chopper brigade that can help? Preferably in NSW? Realise I won't be able to buy "off the shelf" here in oz.

5. When it comes to stuff like this, in NSW, there's only one man to talk to:
    http://www.extremecreations.com.au/ <- Ben.

He is the man, ask anyone who knows.

Having said that, I think what you're proposing will look awful and make a good sportsbike largely useless. But hey, viva la difference.

6. +1 what i was guna say

i reckon would cost about 1k to get it made and fitted.

7. ..at least you could save weright by dropping the sidestand.

8. i can't even imaging how ugly that would look, and how badly it would handle - but hey if you like it go for it!

9. Don't you like corners mate? :p

10. show bike appeal guys not for everyday riding....

11.  Top
  12. Gunno look mega crapola!! You wont be able to turn, tyres will cost you more, swingarm will cost a mint and all in all, it'll be a complete and utter waste of time.

Unless youre one of those guys that only rides a ltr bike so as to be able to say that he rides a ltr bike to his mates.

Can i ask you to post up a pic of your current rear tyre? Dare i say its cross section kinda resembles a hexagon? :LOL:

edit: just read its a show bike and not for riding. Still gonna look crap. lol

13. lol. :LOL:

14. $1k won't get you a drawing of it!
    A stock, off the shelf swing arm that is made on a production line is more expensive than that!

15. a 360 rear tyre hey? great idea!!

why dont you chuck a 360 on the front too. 35 inch rims. it will be the equivalent of a monster truck, but in bike form. and to top it off you might still beat the busas in the twisties :p

16. Its for a show bike mate, nothing to do with ride-ability.

17. I've always been a bit puzzled by show bikes (and cars, come to that) which don't actually work.

Why not make a really impressive lampshade instead? It'd be a lot cheaper and would bear at least as much resemblance to a motorcycle.

18. Celebrate your difference mat.
    Go the whole hog and do a single sided swingarm.

19. Make a swingarm yourself. Easy to do if you can weld.