Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

custom made jackets? price, whats involved, who can do it?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mr_roboto, May 5, 2008.

1. so yeah, im thinkinga bout getting a leather riding jacket made up considering that most ones for sale look gay and i can get one that fits properly.

how much am i looking at if i get full grain leather, elbow and shoulder protectors and back protector>?

as a rough guess?
  2. +1 for tigerangel.

Highly recommended by my leather repairer.
  3. hmm, i've been wanting to get a 2 piece suit for a while now, but finding things that fit me is a pain (cause i'm tall and skinny as opposed to tall and fat that most of them are for :p ) Might have to see what it costs from Tigerangel
  4. Cool, Might have to hit these buy's up to!
  5. Firstly ... I have no affiliation what so ever.

D.B.T. Leathers
    436 Hume Hwy Yagoona NSW 2199 - map
    ph: (02) 9790 1235

I dropped in to this shop a week ago. The guy tailor makes leathers and does repair work as well. The examples he had in the shop were pretty impressive. He said $1300-$1400 for a set.

I know you can buy very good off the shelf for this or less (from the US) ...but as I said it was very good.

My problem is that I need two sets and the cost is an issue ... even if it is a life long proposition. :-(