Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Custom made boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Mr Messy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys!
    Anyone know of a company that makes quality motorcycle boots to fit, in either brisbane, sydney or newcastle?
    Last thread i found on the subject was 2009 so possible things have changed.

I have tried far too many styles and sizes and nothing seems quite right. Only boots that fit the foot reasonably well dont fit between the pegs and gear lever.
  2. You looked into trying to lower the pegs?
  3. Feet are pretty near the ground already, dont really want to lower them further...
    I suppose if i have to i will, but i still need a set of boots that actually fit me hehe.
  4. What's wrong with the boots you tried? Is it too narrow?
  5. Yeah mate, im only a size 12 but have to wear 14s for the width, which means i regularly trip over my own shoes.

I work out about a UK 12C or something like that i think.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. If you don't mind buying online then talk to the guys at Revzilla or SportBikeTrackGear, they should be able to help you out. I'm pretty sure there's a brand that make boots wider than normal, just can't remember the name.
  7. Hey mate,

I did a bit of a search and apparently a lot of Alpinestars boots are good for people with wide feet, as are TCX.
    Alternatively you can go to a leather suit repair shop and they may be able to modify some for you or offer advice.

If you google 'motorcycle boots for wide feet' there are a lot of topics about it on various forums which may help out.
  8. Yeah i saw the same thread mentioning that i expect, and cheers for looking for me too ;).
    Ive tried a few of the alpinestars at mcas and various other stores, i guess the style/make that has the wider cut hasnt been available that day ;).

I wouldnt mind buying online but id much rather be measured up by someone who really knows their thing, because most measurements only take into about width, not allowing also for some height over the top of foot so you end up with either a floppy boot or a super tight over the top boot. In either case no good :(.

Im pretty sure i read somewhere about a place in melbourne doing it, its just a little out of my way :p. Ill also be down in newcastle and sydney over christmas so might be able to find somewhere down there.
  9. Near as i can figure i am a US13EEE maybe 4E if there is such a thing lol.
  10. Daytona Road Star are available in a wide fit option.
  11. Thanks pal :).
    I think ill just have to try some of the wider fit options and see how i go from there.
    Sadly where i am theres SFA stores (2 that carry road gear, both owned by the same guy so rather limited range lol).
    Ill see how i go in syd at chrissy.