Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Custom Made/After Market Seats

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Blackbird06, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I'm after a seat that will make travelling more comfortable for myself and pillion.
    A mate struck it lucky on ebay and got a great seat from the UK but we can no longer track these down. :(
    I've tried his seat and the difference to the original Blackbird seat (whilst rather cumfy with a sheepskin cover) is huge :)
    Does anyone know of a reputable company that sells or imports after market seats?

2. The most famous names in seats are Corbin, Russell, Sargent. I only know of Corbin being sold in Aus, but you never know what you'll see secondhand on Ebay.
  3. The aftermarket seats while perhaps comfy to a degree, will set you back many $$, just get an airhawk, it can be used on future bikes and will provide all the comfort you need.

Corbin is way overpriced for what they are. Another local guy who can re-shape your seat is John Moorehouse of Mad Dog seats in QLD seach for him on google, you will find his details easily
  4. Thanks for replies and advice.
  5. Have you tried a sheepskin seat cover yet? My husband's always had them on his blackbird. I find it heaps better than the bare seat on my GPX, and when pillioning with him I don't get 'numb bum'. You can get them from Good Wool in Victoria, or a custom made one from Sheepy Hollow in Qld.
  6. Thanks Carolf_au, I have a sheepskin cover and it makes heaps of difference. My wife loves it as she doesnt slide forward as much and it is softer.
    She went pillion on an after market seat on the weekend and found that even more comfortable, so just thought I would do a bit of research to see what is out there.
  7. Try Ebay in the states... Never know what you will find..

The corbin agent here is VPW - in Cooper St, Epping Vic (03) 8405 9200