Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Custom Leathers in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Huthy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

I need to organise some leathers but my "shape" means that an off the shelf set will not do the job.

I am aware of Tiger Angel, GiMoto and Walden Miller but I guess I am worried about doing my own measurements, etc, and having no real ability to ensure things are going to plan.

I know that in Brisbane we have places like Hi Side and Storm Leathers, but my understanding is that these guys make "alterations" as opposed to making full suits.

So the question is, are there any companies in Brisbane that can do a measure and make, custom 2 piece touring set?

Thanks in advance.
  2. To be honest, I'd buy one and get Phil at Hi side to custom fit it for you
  3. Go talk to Phil at Hi Side - if he hasn't got something to fit, he'll either find something he can order in, or alter something he's got. And most of the time he's cheaper than the bike shops
  4. The shop I work for sells stuff really cheap (even I'm impressed)
    A cheap suit that fits reasonably well and then have it altered would be a good option for you.. but without seeing you I wouldn't be able to size you up :)
  5. Thanks guys,

I must admit, the number of good things I have heard about Phil certainly seems to make this the best option.
  6. Just putting another vote in for Hi Side.
  7. Ducked out this afternoon and saw Phil... GREAT GUY!!

Looks like a set of Joe Rockets, with a touch of Phil, will be coming my way in the not too distant future. (Well... I hope the not too distant future..)