Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Custom gloves?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Misty, Apr 30, 2006.

1. I really hate my gloves.
    I've never had a lot of luck with gloves (except my summer ones, which are the Dri-rider mesh ones and are nice & stretchy)
    I dragged my winter gloves out yesterday for a ride, and they are just not right. They make my fingers hurt.
    My hands are too long for ladies gloves, but if I wear men's gloves which fit the fingers, they're too wide in the palms.

SO...after that waffle, is it possible to get gloves custom-made?
    If so, about how much would it cost?

2. That's something I'd like to know too.
    I remember asking Steve Howden at Tigerangel about this when enquiring about custom made leathers, a few years ago and from recollection I think he said that he would very much have liked to produce Kushatani gloves under licence here in Oz. Unfortunately, that never came to fruitition. Although having said that the off the shelf models don't fit my hands.
  3. Any competent machinist or tailor should be able to trim a little here and there off a glove so it fits you nicely. It's easy enough to remove material, so I would find a glove that fits your fingers, and have the palm area altered.
    Also, leather wil shrink quite well, and you can help it along with heat and water. I wet a new pair of gloves when I get them and put them on, then stretch them in to shape. Heating loose areas when the leather is wet wil also shrink it a lot (I use a hairdryer, heat guns are too hot).
    I have a pair of gloves that used to gather up under my finger joints and cause me pins and needles, but this treatment sorted them out.

Regards, Andrew.
  4. I think Chris at Scorpion will make custom gloves, (and Racegear, Dale??)