Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.


Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ricomac, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. My mate has a bike he said I can practice on until I get my own. Only problem is that he is worried if I crash it then his future insurance will go up.

    Can you get another named driver on the CTP or would I have to transfer the ownership (which is a problem as he doesnt really want to do that).

    Any help would be appreciated.......

  2. (I may be wrong about this, but) my understanding is that CTP insurance (to cover the bodily damage you might do to someone else) is a fixed rate (for a given bike in a given location) and doesn't go up if you have a 'history'.

    Third party property is usually the same sort of deal, although not compulsory.

    Comprehensive insurance (to repair damage that happens to your bike) is another matter. If your mate has comprehensive insurance, it may well not cover him if you are riding the bike (do you have a full licence?), or if it does it may have a huge excess.
  3. Ok Moike..thanks mate