Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CT110AG (Road registrable AG Postie bike)

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by jigme, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Hi,

Haven't posted in a -long- time as I've been a little pre-occupied with travelling and working in S.E. Asia.

Has anyone had much experience with the AG version of the CT110? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

It was released around June last year, road registrable. This is the first time the CT110/AG has been available to the general public, new, and road registrable, since production in 1980 I believe. Could be wrong there, but it's the first time it's been available in a long, long time.

I know there are some differences between the CT110, ex Aus Post bikes and the CT110AG, namely the rims and spokes aren't heavy duty as on the Postie, the front forks, are reportedly different. Internal on the CT110 vs the CT110AG's externally springed versions. There is also a rumour that the clutch isn't as strong on the AG.

The pros of the AG are that it's new, and not thrashed as a postie bike (I'm ex postie, and know they get hammered, granted they are an extremely tough bike, and up to the task), and the CT110AG has an interesting hi-lo gear lever which can switch the bike into a hill climber. (Look out WR450s! :bolt:

In regards to the probably piss taking I will get (and welcome!), I've been living in Vietnam for a bit over a year, and I've fallen head over heels for the small capacity Honda single cylinder engine and underbone style motorcycles, and instead of bringing my bike back with me, I thought I'd jump at the chance at owning a fairly rare bike (rare, when bought new.) and supporting the move to small, fun bikes.

I've got a small thread going on a postie group forum, but I was hoping to get some advice from the illustrious Netrider community about said motorcycle.

It appears that Honda are stopping production of these bikes soon, but I have secured one for my return to Perth from Hanoi, in a few months.

Cheers in advance!
  2. Honda are stopping the CT110? That's kinda sad!

Off topic, but that BFW in your tagline doesn't happen to stand for "Big F*****g Whoopee" does it?
  3. Not going to get any pisstaking from me. Honda's utility bikes are a design classic that, I suspect, will never be topped by an IC engined vehicle.
  4. They're not stopping the CT110, Aus Post still use them, but the CT110AG which is the agricultural version of that bike, which for one year has been road registrable, brand new, seems to be coming off the line in Oz. Needs confirmation though, but it looks like the compliance plates won't be on them for long.

And re: BFW. Only a right w*nker would quote TISM in their profile. [-(

5. Yeah, 'cos TISM are shit. (But who the f**k isn't?) Ah, i'm going to sit around and quote TISM all day. Check out Root - it's Humphrey B Flaubert's new band, they're ok.
  6. The dual range transmission is highly prized among bearded men who like to beat down a bush track.
  7. There's been times where I could have done with dual range on the company scoot, anyone seen some the hills around Turramurra & Warrawee? :LOL:
  8. And pull themselves over logs?
  9. I recently tried my very best to grow a beard, and when that didn't pan out as well as I'd liked, I went ahead and sported a moustache for a good while. This sounds like my kind of gearing.

Sounds like not many people have first hand experience with this bike, which isn't surprising I guess. Still, I'll keep my ear to the ground, as long as it doesn't dirty my stubble.
  10. I think they're actually not called the CT110AG, they're the CT110P. This means it's not a 6 volt system like the AG version like I suspected, it seems to be the 12 volt model, which is cool.
    Placed my deposit on one today, will pick it up when I return to Oz early June.

Edit: They -are- the CT110AG, and they are 6 volt, not 12 volt.