Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ct110 leaking carby

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Pooley1981, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,

I have recently purchased a postie, in a number of pieces to put together as a project. The bike had been sitting in a garage for about a year.
    Upon installing the carby, and turning the fuel tap on it begins to leak out the overflow hose at the bottom of the carby. I have since pulled the carb in 2 and the float moves up/down and doesn't seem to stick and the needle? that it pushes up, moves freely too.
    Im just looking for other things to check, to me it seems that the float isn't working to shut off the fuel once the bowl is full.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

pooley

2. No real knowledge of posties but sounds like either the float isn't causing the needle to seat properly or the needle /valve seat are warn and not working, so....

Does the float float? It may move up and down but if it has a leak maybe it doesn't float high enough.

It is properly adjusted. Again it may move up and down but not move high enough to seal.

Is the needle valve sealing properly, Even if the float moves the needle up maybe fuel is still coming through the valve.

Is there crap in the valve seat stopping the needle seating properly?

3. Yeah set the float height rather than just bunging it back in.

If it still leaks you may have to put a kit through the carbie as 12 months dry the o-rings might be cracked.

compare the price to a new aftermarket carbie before handing over the cash. The pit bike stuff going on means performance carbies for these are pretty cheap.

4. Thanks for your ideas guys, i'll let you know what I find.

cheers

pooley