Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Crunch time!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by DarthRider, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I'm ready for the bike. I've got the cash ready and the gear set. I'm in the market for a CBR250RR for 4000, and not a cent more. If you know anyone with a clean bike in Sydney, let me know.

The question that brought me here, however, was this:
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/greenacre/motorcycles/honda-cbr250rr-fireblade-tyga-kit-/1000680343

Too good to be true? I know it has been down, but it just looks amazing. Would you guys get this bike that's been down, or one that is completely stock?

If I get the one above, does anyone know a good mechanic in the Bankstown area I can take the bike to before I purchase? Thanks heaps !

2. lol man i bought a absolute shitbox looking gpx for my first bike for $500 unreg...she rode like a dream...i'd be more inclined to ask someone from here to tag along with you to look at it or better yet if you have a friend or family member that rides to test ride it...that'd be the go it's what i did for my first two bikes....had a mate test ride it...if there doesn't seem to be anything out of order i'll gladly take it on....granted you take a risk doing this as something could be on it's way out and 4k is alot to cough up *shrugs* i'm a risk taker and a learner...i got no problem buying a much cheaper bike to learn on and focus more on riding rather than worrying about hurting the bike caus it looks pretty

in saying all of that shit...if your concerned you've got about another 7 options in nsw in your price bracket on bikesales.com.au ....give it a look ....dunno why people bother with the tyga kits...the originals looked way better

3. Is it just me or does the word "crunch" in the title of a thread about a sports 250 seem worryingly appropriate? :bolt:

4. Ah, I definitely agree with your view on the OEM fairings. Tyga's suck, but I'm just thinking about this bike as an investment now. I do think I am being relatively picky with my choice. But, hell. Good bikes, with a great after market.

PatB, your name reminds me of some jazz band's sax player. And hopefully the only crunching my bike will be seeing is the crunching of kilometers!