Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cruiser windscreens

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Loz, Apr 6, 2005.

1. I feel like a bit of a dope. I just bought a windscreen for the cruiser and I've discovered that it does a beautiful job of deflecting the wind.... right into my face.

I've tried changing the angle a bit, but it seems the only way I can get any benefit out of it is to crouch right down over the tank as if I'm riding a race bike, thus looking like [more of] a tool [than usual]. Sitting on 80k, the extra turbulence blows my head around like a balloon hanging off a car.

Am I doing something wrong or is this thing just crap?

And if so, 1 windscreen for sale - does fantastic job.
  2. Loz, are you sure this is th right one for your model. Speak to the supplier and ask them what gives. Maybe theres one with a different profile, otherwise return it and get your money back as you are not happy with the quality of the product and it does not meet the standards or perform as its suppose to. Don't take no for an answer, after all you are the consumer and entitle to a refund.
    Good luck
  3. Naw, I kinda bought it from a guy that I got talking to at a servo who used to own the same kind of bike as mine. Had it lying around in his garage.

I didn't pay that much for it, and it does sort of keep my chest warm on the freeway, but yeah, it seems to deflect the wind right into my face.
  4. Bugger, Try angling it a little more forward, otherwise remove that spring in your neck that makes you bob around like one of those nodding dogs on the parcel shelves of car windows :LOL:
  5. I feel like I'm turning indian...

Ooooooh yes, very very much, vindaloo poppadom...
  6. Mick wrote
    I like the answer.
    If it still doesn't work, it might fit my bike, let me know more about it
  7. You need a bigger screen. On most bike they come in different sizes
  8. If your getting wind in your eyes i can help(and anyone who wears an open face helmut) check out www.mcglasses.com and if you like what you see i can do these for $40 posted or alternative i have other brands of similar i can do for $20 - $25 posted.
    pm me or email me for more info
  9. Loz, any chances of posting a link to a pic?

If we could see how it's sitting on the bike we might be able to work something out.