Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cruiser riders - shoulder bags

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jphanna, Dec 11, 2011.

1. guys i have seen cruiser riders with shoulder bags that dangle to one side. you know the type, the 'authentic' look with the black leather bag.

dont these flap around at high speed? i normally use a backpack and they are very secure with staps around both shoulders.....but these just dangle to one side.

i like the look of them, and want to get one, but if they are gonna distract my riding by flopping around, it may not be a good idea to get one. do any of you have them?

2. I have one and it flaps a little depending on what's in it - ie how heavy it is.

For $10 or less you can't go wrong

3. unless it breaks and all your shit falls on the road lol

4. I don't know about the leather ones, but I've been using the same $6 hessian shoulder bag for years - sometimes lightly, sometimes heavily loaded - and never had a problem with breaking. You can see if the thing's on the way out.

Yes, they flap about in the wind; yes it can be a pain; yes they're highly conveniant. I hate struggling with a back pack every time I need something.

5. you get a bit of flappage, but that aint a bad thing, like Mattb I've been using one for years, easier than a back pack especially when your off the bike and never had a drama. Aussie disposals for less than the cost of a couple of bourbons .. pretty hard to beat.

6. man bags?

7. sounds like a handbag to me...

just sayin'

:bolt:

8. Here's the perfect bag for you ladies...

bbcyclehandbag1654.

9. jphanna, the above three posters don't approve of our choices. But don't worry, they're just biased because they find their bum bags oh so comfortable and handy.

10. russellcrowe2.

+

3571121790_b4c14d6317.

=

bedscene1-e1307614485811.

:D

• Like Like x 2
  11. You could get one of these, then you can put your makeup and tampons in the front...

[​IMG]

:D

12. So Goz, I take it you've never felt cold or vulnerable when the blizzard closes in on the mountains, trapping you and your mate?

13. This is how it should be.....

russellcrowe2.

+

3571121790_b4c14d6317.

=

article-1366148-0029505300000258-50.

bwaaaaaaaaa

14. you gotta have a sense of humor to be on a forum. i think this is hilarious.

but for the ones that answered properly, i appreciate your advice.

15. yeh i have one and at 120 its like a peace of paper caught in an updraft ... but i still use it

16. I use the crumpler messenger bag (model name is 'The Complete Seed'). Bloody excellent man bag and the 'under-arm' lock makes it stay in all weathers. I've used it on day-long rides as well without any issues. No flappage & no water leakage.

[​IMG]

There is a smaller version available but I bought this as it can fit in a lot of stuff for work, bike rides etc PLUS can be used as cabin luggage on flights as well.

17. Lol, nice Goz :)

I used to wear a shoulder bag when I rode my scooter years back. It wasn't too bad because it would normally rest against the top-box anyway to stay still and the speeds were only up to $0.80.

However I didn't like it on the cruiser, it tends to shift around and make me feel sort of 'off' at low speeds if there was much in it.

So I went with saddlebags instead. Hoever I hate riding wearing a bag at all and also like the bagger look so it works for me, YMMV.