Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CRF450R Cafe Racer Kit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sooty, Aug 29, 2009.

1. It certainly looks attractive but really. A CRF450?

5 minutes on the freeway at 110 and KABOOM! :LOL:
  2. or you could just have a supermoto for flickability..... but it wont look as old as that thing.

depends what gearing you put on a crf450r, they can pull big gears if you want them to..
  3. Sweet, but where is the radiator?
  4. Thats awesome! I want one. Be a great little commuter. I don't know where the rad is either tho?
  5. i like it but fiberglass seat??? lol

i'd much rather the Xr650 engine in it, max reliability more power and stump pulling torque...

but even more i'd like a CR500E and motarrd it!!!!
  6. There is, of course, a pad in other shots. :roll:
  7. The Rad's underneath you can see it in the top shot...
  8. Ah, so it is. I wonder how well it would last down there, or even how well it would work :? Now if it had a souped up DR650 donk... :D
  9. Awesome.

Wouldn't enjoy the oil changes every 400k's!
  10. Ewwww guys. That poor old crf has had all that cafe racer crap plastered all over it, had DOWNGRADED suspension installed, way below par brakes for a road bike, and now some of you want to install XR or DR motors. Might as well take a supermodel, dress her in flannel and boots, then transplant a d*ck on her. Sure some people like the flannel/boots/d*ck combo, but no need to ruin a CRF in the process.
  11. A few of you probably saw this on Ebay in the past few months.

Based on DR600.

I'm thinking this is really the way to go. So much better value and more interesting than another SR500.

Then there's this from a local Ulysses member.

12. Wow.

They look like an absolute hoot! How much did that DR600 go for on ebay?