Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cretins at it again

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by bkdu, Sep 4, 2009.

1. http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/2009/09/04/maximum-term-torture-familys-pet-dog/

I'm just wondering - since our legal system clearly has nothing at all to do with justice or protecting the innocent, how long before victims and/or their family and friends take appropriate action themselves?!
    Seriously, do we need creatures like that in our society?
    Do we, as a collective, wish to have such creatures among us?
    Why do victims these days simply bend over and take it? I don't mean the original crime ... let's face it, usually the cowards don't leave their victims much chance for a defence. But what about the bending over when we simply accept the legal system's ruling ... which these days hardly ever has anything to do with justice?

I've read the article. Personally, I think someone else should be "nice" to this ... hmm ... thing, invite it into their home, then for a fishing trip ... out there nobody can hear it scream when the legs get slowly ripped away by hungry sharks in a feeding frenzy ...

Sorry for the rant, just had to get this out ... it seems to get confirmed over and over again that criminals and low-lives such as this, creatures with clearly not a single human characteristic, still get attributed more rights than their victims ... it makes me sick.

2. That fcukers is going to do it again. It's only a matter of time before he progresses onto a person. Most likely the first victim will be a child.

You're right, the scumbag is walking sharkbait.

3. he is the worst type of scum. killing a defenseless animal for nothing other than the pleasure of watching it suffer.

Killing for food is one thing - chopping the legs off a puppy for a laugh is beyond sick.

4. A prime candidate for the $0.08 solution.

5. How is this a failure of the justice system in this case? He got the maximum term of 3 years for killing and torturing a dog, people get less for that for killing humans, especially if it's done in a car.

The real issue here is that while funding to mental health services continues to deteriorate, pyscho's like this bloke continue to walk the streets until the inevitable happens. First dogs, then people, he's already raped someone, clearly this is a very sick individual, no sane person could do this. And once he commits a crime, he gets thrown in jail, does 3 years and he's back on the streets and now we have to deal with the pyscho again. Other problem is if you deliver a bit of street justice on this bloke, there's thousands of others ready to take his place.

6. I hope someones giving it to him Doggie style.preferably an extreamly large gentleman with lots of his friends waiting in line for there turn :evil: :evil:

7. Ya know, at least in NSW, state funding of mental healthcare services has actually been well upped in recent years by state Labor.
    http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/2008/20080603_23.html

And they are ACTUALLY investing more in mental health than speed cameras earn the government per annum.

Yeah, I know. F***en surprising, ay?!

I had a whole post typed out about suicide statistics vs road toll a few weeks ago, then that bit of info kinda shot my rant in the face.

So they might get a few homeless people off the trains, but that still won't make them run on time... :/

8. If people have no respect for life then they don't deserve it themselves.