Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Creaky Helmet after washing...

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by 66dan99, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Innuendo aside :grin: i washed my AGV helmet over the weekend and now it creaks alot....

i used some washing powder, a liberal amount of warm water, rinsed it out and left it to dry. All by the book (well, internet)

is it ruined? is it a good enough excuse to spend money i don't have on a flasher headshed?

2. ummmm... washed it inside? or took the liners out and just washed those?
  3. the whole thing.

pads don't come out.

to add insult to injury my boots squeak to the point where i can barely walk around in them.

and now my head does too.

not that i walk about in it.
  4. :LOL: :LOL:

well that'll be a clean helmet... where'd you read this technique for cleaning the helmet???

I'd be worried about what damage the washing powder has done to the helmet padding...

It sounds like there could still be some water in the padding, which could dry out over time and stop squeaking...

At least the helmet smells good :LOL:
  5. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You washed the whole thing? Don't think you're meant to do that.

As has been said, should dry out...............eventually. :LOL:
  6. Ah I've seen this before, its fixable but requires some effort..

Step 1. Go to a church, get some holy wayer
    Step 2. Sprinkle the holy water onto the helmet, first left to right, then up to down.
    Step 3. Repeat step 2 as needed, whilst chanting "The power of Christ compels you!"

7. OK, what you have to do now is take it outside and rub it in the dirt to counteract the effects of the water.
  8. hmmm....

cheers for the suggestions but i reckon creaking into a church covered in dirt might get me shotgunned by Buffy*

christ, i've been grasping for a really weak excuse to buy a new helmet for ages and now that i have one i've come over all scroogy

*actually, thinking about it, not a bad way to go.... not a kit review you see in the mags every day..
  9. :rofl: :rofl:
  10. Nah mate, thats just your neck, after your cruise down Chappo checking out the talent! :LOL:
  11. It's nothing to worry about, the helmet is "squeaky clean" :D