Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Crazy Hail Storm Melb today

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by undii, Mar 6, 2010.

1. WOAH!!! What a MAJOR hail storm we just had. 5 minutes walk from MCG and it's like snow in our backyard. I'd HATE to be at Moomba!!!!!!!

I'll upload some pics once they have gone up to the net, anyone get hit by it?

Pics at http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/undii/storm march 2010/

2. lucky the jindi mob left this morning
  3. It was a heavy down pour. I had one piece of hail about 3.5cm in diameter.
  4. Garage is flooded, hail smashed our dining room window I can only think what has happened to the cars.
  5. Reminds me of the storms back home. Our hail was bigger, but didn't usually last as long.

6. Sucks to be at golden plains hahahahahahah
  7. We just got hit by it. Hail was like golf balls. :shock:

I heard something smash but I don't think it was us.

Bloody hell! :shock:
  8. It reminds me of the hailstorms in Sydney back in the 90s.
    The panel beaters were at it for ages afterwards...
  9. 90's? try 3 years ago in blacktown district, every house had to get a new roof, was a shocker
  10. bet global warming gets blamed ](*,)
  11. Yeah, I'm sure every body shop owner in town has a schadenboner now.
  12. Panel beaters will be busy here now both our cars copped it.
    Our bootlid will need to be replaced and there are a few dents on the roof of both cars.
  13. just managed to get my bike in the lounge room via stairs...not bloody easy...it's the real deal, has'nt hit here yet but friends in neighboring suburbs report severe damage
  14. The family and I were just about to get out of the car in heavy rain, Just as I opened the door - wham! a monster hailstone hits the back of my hand, which now has a huge black bruise on it. I yelled at the wife and kids to stay put and a second later hundreds of golf-ball sized (and bigger) hailstones hit the car, shredding leaves and branches all around. Thankful that we weren't a few seconds earlier. We waited it out. then got inside.
    Water is in the garage but not near the house (yet). I think we'll be right.
    Car has probably copped a whacking.
  15. #16 undii, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Just upped a video of it at [media=youtube]V_oVTekjCQo[/media]

Sorry for the shakes + 'extreme pan' at times, using a right handed DVC with my left arm since my I can't with my right arm cause of injury.
  16. lost 6 house tiles... cannonballs went straight through!!

leaky house now... 2-month old roof..
  17. #18 evilsnoofy, Mar 6, 2010
  18. #19 goz, Mar 6, 2010
  19. there's more storms on the way. BOM have issued another emergency warning. Police are telling people to stay out of the CBD.