Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Crazy Cagers - Flying Cars

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by stewy, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Well guys, just when you think you have these crazy cagers all sussed out, they go to new lenghts. :shock:

Yesterday afternoon i was coming home from seeing lenna approx. 3.00pm (I was told to ride carefully, by SWMO, so i was) :p coming down stud road and just before knox knox city shopping centre, there is a small shopping complex (Stud Villiage i think it's called) Anyway for those of you that don't know, this row of shops run pararell to stud road, and the car park, is closest to the road, now this little section is raised above the road maybe 1.2-1.5m. Well as i was riding along stud road, (4wd drive just in front of me in the middle lane, iwas in the left hand lane) pass the road just before shops yep all clear, no cars going to pull out on me, can see the traffic lights ahead, and scanning around up ahead to know whats happening, when all of a sudden passing the above location a car comes from the car park (yep thats right straight off the retaining wall),must of grabbed D instead of reverse straight infront of the 4wd maybe 3 sec's ahead of me..... well yep flying car lands on roof, 4wd all bent in the front (glad it was a 4wd and not me or a car, if it was i think they woudl of been scaping up to seperate parts of the body, as it was only hat the patrol was so tall, that the car caught the top of the bonet) me hard on brakes, and yet again find myself at anothe accident scene...... (for fcuks sake loz, you can have your curse back cos i don't want it!!!)

So anyway no damage to me or the bike, both the cars in the accident i think will be close to a write off, 4wd driver seemed ok, (may have broke a few ribs) the other driver had quite a few cuts etc, and her niece seemed ok in the back seat.

Guess you never can scan the road enough, and if i ever pass a area like that again i will also keep an eye up there as well as the road.

The part of this story which gets to me was the driver (of the flying car) was a learner, with no one beside her, now i know we all make mistakes, and i am all for learner being out on the road, and if there was someone beside her when it happened (well i think i could say, she made a mistake) but she didn't. It was deliberate, and could of very well end with a much more serious outcome if that was me instead of that 4WD. Anyway it's done and happened an di hope she gets whats coming to her!!!

Becareful out there guys, as it really is a lottery out there atm...

2. Damnit, now we have to scan the skies AS WELL AS the roads. Cheeky f*cken cagers, they're getting smarter.
  3. Yikes, talk about death from above - must be from one of those new kamikaze driving schools. Oh and Stud Village would have to rate as one of the funniest names for a shopping centre.
  4. Geez. That's the last thing you'd think to look for...flying cars. :shock: Glad to hear you're okay.
  5. Volkswagen Stuka, new model.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. I have eyed the comings and goings in that car park nervously before, even when in a car. But to hit the top of the bonnet on a 4WD in the centre lane, that learner must have absolutely planted it.

Mistake yes, but stupid, stupid person.
  7. Bloody stoopid girl. :evil:

FFS.. :facepalm:
  8. The scary thing is, she'll lose her learners permit for six months, then be able to reapply and will eventually get a licence.
    Mind you, from her track record, she'll still drive disqualified.....

Regards, Andrew.
  9. Glad to hear no damage to you or the bike Stewy. I think i will look at that section of road a little differently from now one - I have always been more concerned with cars pulling out from the side road rather than from above.

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when she told her niece's parents what had happened. It was lucky everyone escaped with apparently minor injuries.
  10. I just want to be out there riding my new scooter like crazy, but I live in the nexus of half the bloody private schools in Adelaide. They've all just finished school, they've all just got their Ps. Be afraid, be very afraid.

(Although having said that, I observed my first correct use of indicators when undertaking a U turn in a bloody long time last week - a boy with his P plates outside St Ignatius. Cheers)

Flying cars yet to be invented in this neck of the woods, but thanks for letting me know something else I have to keep an eye out for.