Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by zugfrig1978, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Ouch!

So had my license 2 months, gaining confidence, weather on the improve and enjoying being a motorcyclist. Had all the warning when I got my license, take it easy, be careful and no matter how good a rider you become you have to watch out for other drivers. Oh how right they were, SO yesterday it happened.

I pull up at a give way sign waiting for the break in oncoming traffic to my right with a few cars behind me doing the same. So the break comes and I do as I was taught little throttle ease out clutch all's good I start to move off then BANG!!!! WTF was that next thing im on the ground holly hell. Seems little miss brand new VW Beetle looked right to check for her break decided I must have already taken off and she floors it not to mention floors me.

So she pushes me 15 meters up the road I hang on and nearly keep it up right but dropped it right at the end take out a mirror with my shoulder and kiss the bitumen. Got straight up felt ok biked looked rather sad though, rear fender and number plate bent back under back to the seat, scraped type scratched this scratched that gear leaver bent so far that once in 2nd it cant go up any more gears cause its hitting the foot peg. all indicators lights ect smashed.

So little miss yellow assassin gets out of the car casually walks over and say oh sorry I wasn't looking, well ya don’t say I was thinking. Anyway it on the back of a Ute and to the panel shop and awaits its operation.

Woke up a little sore this morning a few bruises but otherwise fine just really pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. lol @ post title.

SMIDSY :roll: gotta love 'em
  3. I'd imagine seeing an accident evolving while you are heading towards it would be nasty, but having also been rear-ended in similar circumstances, I do believe there's nothing worse.

I'm glad to hear you're OK, and I hope they don't write your baby off. When I got hit it took six weeks for them to source the parts and fix it, but at least I got my bike back..
  4. Now I'm a night shifter so I miss the daylight.

Is the sun out again?

There seems to be a lot of crashing going on.

It must be Spring time already :)