Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

crash bang

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by theredbuddah, Dec 22, 2006.

1. hey guys n gals had my first real crash today.some young fellow didnt see me and pulled out into my lane,i collected the side of his ute and trashed my 600 monster in the process.(and my shoulder).I was wondering if my bike would be a write off or not.2000 model ducati monster 600.broken rear light ,mud guard, indicators, seat ,mirrors ,tank ,front indicators ,light housing, brake fluid resivoirs ,snapped handle bars ,grips, levers ,front rim, pipe, gear lever,foot peg,and suspect forks. :cry:
    would anyone think this is a write off.bike cost $7000 and insured for that.
    hope they do write it off VTR 1000 :grin: :grin: :LOL:

2. Sounds pretty close to a write-off to me mate.

Hope you're not too sore.
  3. Shoulder? How is your shoulder? What protective gear were you wearing?
  4. All I needed to see was "Ducati" and "broken rear light".

Yep. Total write off.
  5. Ouch! & couldnt have happened at a worst time as well. :evil:

If you only getting $7k, you'll need to save up some more, unless you don't mind settling for an old
    VTR with a shitload of k's.

What year model is the Monster?
  6. Code:
    I was wondering if my bike would be a write off or not.2000 model ducati monster 600
  7. Shoulder has some muscle damage but nothing realy that bad.It has restricted movement but it will come good in a few days Im hoping.I was surpose to work tonight but the doc gave me it off.I was wearing jeans and a long sleeve jumper.I will be buying some draggins and a good jacket before the VTR.
  8. It's a bit late for good riding gear now. Although, better late than never as they say. :wink:

It sounds like your bike is never going to see the road again. Time for a new one. :grin:
  9. what about the faggot in the ute???? did he stop ? did you beat the crap outta him??
  10. lol, if a chick had hit you this post would read "Was she hot?!?!" - but ^this is the guy's version :p
  11. Yep I am going to say write off. As soon as you have fork damage and stuff then it is all over red rover.
  12. yep, ditto, leather jacket and gloves minimum... hope you've recovered well, and the insurance compnay doesn't rip you off like they seem to do to everyone I know.