Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Crappiest Present

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by WGM, Dec 27, 2007.

1. It started with dodgy clothes from Santa
    Maybe progressed to super white "sensible" undies from Nana
    Then turned into some bad taste in music that your brother os sister gave you because they really wnated it.

So what was it this year? What was the present that finally convinced you the giver was completely off their gourd?

Inquiring minds want to know!

2. Wasn't one I received, but one I gave. My brother's son-in-law received an X-Box game from your's truly, only to announce that he'd sold his X-Box :oops:!!!
  3. One year my brother was owed money by a guy who ran a hardware store. So to use the money up, he did his christmas shopping there. I got a glue gun. As I am not very handy I thought WTF!!

I did the usual smile and thanks.

Next year, I gave it back to him!! It took him a while to remember he gave it to me first, but the rest of the family were pissing themselves!
  4. Worst present? Four days of inlaws bickering about pointless shit, and a oft, backache inducing bed!
    Could possibly be one of my worst xmases ever!

Regards, Andrew.
  5. 'Shot Glass' snakes and ladders.

But neither myself or my wife drink alcohol! :roll: :?
  6. hah hah, yeah I gave a way a bottle of Chivas Regal a customer gave me three years ago, for the same reason :LOL:.
  7. You have to love present "recycling"!

I do it a lot with food stuff. Frequently pass along chocolates and biscuits etc.

From my recent wedding we were able to add a lot of present to the recycling shelf!!

8. Friend of mine is in AA and her brother (who knows this) keeps giving her bottles of wine for Christmas. :roll:

A little bit of thinking goes a looooooong way!!!
  9. Got a book from my Mum that I actually finished reading about 2 weeks ago :LOL:

Didn't have the heart to tell her...the one I read was a borrowed copy so at least I have my own copy now :p
  10. Many years ago, my uncle decided that he would give me a CD for christmas. Whilst my whole family know that I mainly listen to 70's and 80's metal (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, etc.), my uncle decides to buy me the newly released album from Human Nature?!
    But then this years present ... my mother-in-law gave me a bath robe ... considering I moved out of home so I can walk around my own ... you get the point.
  11. i got a hangover, a broken rib, and swelling in my lower spine (aggravating an old injury) because me & my older bro were trying to outdo eachother on the ATV. biggest mono's, up on two wheels (on the side) etc. and i managed to flip it countless times.
    the warnings are right, you shouldnt operate those things when intoxicated :(
  12. We spent heaps of money on the kids and the present my 11 year old son likes the most? A $2 pen in the shape of a finger that makes farting noises when you pull it.... :roll: :LOL: :LOL:
  13. :LOL: :LOL: You too? I'm feeling very sore and sorry for myself at the moment..

It's very surreal watching the Polaris cartwheel down the hill beside you while you're cartwheeling down the hill yourself.. :oops: :cool:
  14. Aahh! A sophiscated man after my own heart!
  15. See when I saw the "Crappiest Present" thread.
    I thought you were going to tell us you got a ZongShen for xmas. :LOL:
  16. I got 4 coffee cups.

Not the classy Ikea type trendy coffee cups. $4 for a pack of 4 off the shelf safeway coffee cups.

Wouldnt actually be a bad present if i didnt have 83* other coffee cups in the cupboard already.

*actual figures may vary.
  17. For fifteen years in a row my Grandmother gave me the dreaded Blue Stratos Aftershave for birthdays and christmas.

I had a full beard for all of those years, and only changed to a goatee 5 years after she died. :shock:
  18. :rofl: Classic :rofl:.
  19. Maybe she was trying to tell you that you smell! :LOL: :p
  20. Have you ever smelt that stuff?

If I smelt worse than Blue Stratos then I would have offended myself :p