Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Crap wheelie progress report

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Loz, Dec 1, 2005.

1. For those of you who, like me, took a great interest in the how to wheelie thread posted recently and unceremoniously yoinked by a moderator, I thought I'd post a progress report on my own journey towards hoikitupperdom.

I'm starting to get consistently good height on my first gear snap-off, snap-on power wheelies, although I rarely hold it up for more than a second or two - which is purely a matter of not quite having the aggots for it yet. I also have a bad habit of letting one or both feet slip off the pegs as it comes up, which probably makes me look like I'm shitting myself, which I probably am.

Excitingly, I'm also getting some regular action in second gear off the clutch, which always seemed like a bit of a black art until recently. Using one finger certainly kicked me off down the right path there.

When I grow the janglies to clutch it with the throttle pinned in second, I may progress beyond my current highly embarrassing 20cm lift, starting from 50kmh.

I do understand now what seasoned wheeliemongers mean when they say clutch-ups are more predictable.

How are you other grasshoppers progressing?

2. Quick, big-brother.... Delete Delete.... This is against the rules..... Satan is amongst us... :LOL: :LOL:

Well done Loz..... As for the feet slipping of, I am having a hard time imagining that...... :LOL: :LOL:
  3. Hmm, picture a rookie cowboy having his first crack at a rodeo. That oughtta help!
  4. Ohhhh, I see.... your getting your arse kicked by yer bike.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Jut make srue you dont breach is civil rights.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. Of course all this is done on a private track, in case there are any safety freaks wetting their pants. :)
  6. my crap wheelie attempts number 2 total. First one was accidental during attempt at very quick launch and very small....laughed my arse off for next few corners. number 2 was classic oz...showing my mate Sabbath what happened the first time....much bigger, no idea what I was doing, front wheel in the air throttle nailed, laughing my arse off. Scared myself silly, haven't tried again since. Seems bit dodge on 250 cos have to launch it pretty hard to loft it from take off.
  7. well, my attempts were at a place we used to *call* our private racetrack...there are no cars 'cos road closed, but bikes can slip through...
  8. Actually I do all of my wheelies naked and drunk while smoking unfiltered cigarettes, on a poorly secured tightrope over the crowded sandpit at a kindergarten.

And I never use a condom.
  9. WHAT.. NO CONDOM...... What are you thinking :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  10. Not only that, pal... My tyres are BALD and I haven't checked my chain tension for WEEKS.
  11. I weep for you Loz......... You must goto COTR tonight......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You are being Sainted :LOL: :LOL:
  12. I laugh at you mortals. I also refused to run my engine in correctly, use the rear brake exclusively, and the front and rear tyres are DIFFERENT BRANDS.

13. :D I poped a wheele of a speed bump does that count :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  14. [Relieved] For a second there I thought you were going to say you had an open faced helmet or that you were wearing a jacket but only regular jeans. :LOL:
  15. I had a big day of crap wheelies yesterday.

I was wandering back home from a gig in Balnarring, and found myself alone on a 90kmh stretch of road... so it was on.

My second gear clutch-ups are coming along, I can now get reasonably respectable air on, say, one in three attempts. And one in twenty comes up so high that I shit myself - which still probably isn't all that high - and they don't last very long because when I shit myself I drop the throttle and the nose comes back down.

I've held a couple of medium-height crap wheelies up for a couple of seconds, and one this morning was in front of a hot girl so I believe I can expect a root to arrive by post any day now.

Just an update. :) Crap wheelie-man over and out.
  16. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Funniest thing ever written on the internet
  17. Too kind, too kind. True, but too kind. :LOL:
  18. :shock:

Last night, I had a brief glimpse of the world beyond crap wheelies. *Thanks mate!*

I learned more in a couple of hours than in the last 6 months. Can't wait to have another crack at it, I'll get some good pictures next time when it's not so dark.
  19. good stuff eh? ;)
  20. Now THIS man, he can wheelie the bollocks off a Hornet9! :twisted:

Encore! Encore!