Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cracks

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Ezup, Sep 30, 2011.

1. G'day all,
    Got to the servo this evening to find a crack in the body work. It's not quite on the fairing but its a good 15mm long.
    Im hoping to god this is covered by warranty....if not my long weekend is up shit creek!

2. Ummm.....without some background and info - what you have posted means < 0 right now?

:popcorn:

3. Well I rode to the servo, filled the bike up, hopped on it, saw a massive crack in my upper fairing and I'm not shitting myself as to if its covered by warranty!
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. Next to the screw, its in a Z pattern, its a tad larger than first thought. Never been dropped, was bought brand new 6 weeks ago....no shitty roads

5. Okay.....but kinda not what I meant....

Under warranty would suggest a "factory new" bike...
    If so:
    -What bike
    -When did you buy
    -What is the warranty length

If this is a NEW bike and under warranty then YES! Absolutely this is a warranty item (y)

6. beat me to it ^^^

EDIT: from the cowling paint colour it looks to be a Suzy?

7. Try a yammy R125!

8. ^ oh......bummer

Either way if it's brand new and not due to miss-use or an accident then hit the dealer for a warranty claim