Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cracked helmet foam

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by momo, Mar 6, 2008.

1. While cleaning my helmet today, I noticed that the foam directly behind the mouth vent is cracked. I have been very careful with it, and the only time it was ever dropped was when it rolled down three wooden steps, each about 10cm high. It is a 2007 Arai RX7, so I am very reluctant to throw it out, but a crack in one part suggests damage elsewhere.

What do I do :cry:
  2. Don't worry about it. It's one part of the helmet that offers bugger all protection anyway.
    Are you able to remove that panel. I can remove it on mine. It may be replaceable.
  3. I don't think I can get it out, but yeah that was my thought - if I faceplant something, I guess I'm screwed either way. :twisted:
  4. If you're face plating your neck would be the biggest issue... If you can get away with that, smile with whatever teeth you have left!!!! :LOL: