Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cracked fairings and RWC?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by fekkinell, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Sooo... It's that time again.

Need to get a bike roadworthy for a rego changeover thingywhatsit.

Two quick questions:

1. The fairings on one side are slightly cracked (zzr250 - in the usual spot above the indicator)... How much will the roadworthy man care about this?

2. Anyone know any good place around the Ringwood area to get the inspection?

I swear there was a list of places on here but I just can't seem to find it.

2. Helpful post, OldBellHelmet.

I know a bloke in Bulleen who does a great job for a great price. PM me for his contact details if you can be bothered going that far.
  3. i answered the first question didnt I.
  4. If the indicator still works and is the correct color and is still pointing where it should it wont fail RWC.

Just had our ZZR250 done and it was $55
  5. Re. question 1 - In my (QLD) experience, it depends on how badly cracked and how picky the inspectors are. The VFR was failed on cracked fairings (among other things). The justification given was a) fairings not secured on the basis of the crack, and b) risk of injury to pedestrians :roll:

Won't be heading back there...

EDIT: just read the bit in brackets. You'll be fine, my ZZR passed twice with the same cracks (both sides).
  6. I know of a bloke in New St Ringwood that doesn't advertise he does bike RWCs but does. Nice bloke and won't rip you off.

If you want his details let me know.
  7. Thanks for the help guys.

Puts my mind at ease hehe