Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

CQ New User

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Dougal, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Hi all,

New to Netrider but enjoy the local ( ie Australian) content of the forums. Been around bikes always and riding them since I could start one on my own (Dad's only prerequisite to being allowed to ride one). These were 100 cc/125cc 2 stroke Ag bikes and acres of space, so we couldn't get too out of shape.

Have had a number of bikes over the years - dirt,road, dual purpose etc - and just blown away by the range of product that is available, especially in the past 10-15 years. The dual purpose range - bikes that are comfortable, handle on sealed and unsealed, nimble in traffic, manageable on the speed limit or launch you to x2 when opputunity presents itself.

Currently ride a 1000cc Vstrom that I've had for few years and very happy with it - some aftermarket modifications on these make them sweet. The family bike is the HD tourer (FLHX) and have spent many content hours/km's rumbling along in our beautiful countryside/climate on this.

The oldest of the 'next generation' is close to finishing his mechanical trade training, and has to 2 wheel gene too. There is always a range of dirt bikes in the shed in various states of rebuild, but has recently come home with a tidy FZR6 - which again seems like a user friendly bike, despite the restrictions.

Anyway, look forward to hearing from like minded motorcyclist and sharing in the wealth of knowledge that is out there amounsgt you.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome aboard :]
  3. Welcome Dougal.
  4. Welcome to NR
  5. G'day and welcome, DougalDougal.