Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW CPT Insurance paperwork

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by korbail, Aug 28, 2014.

  1. Quick question about forms to the insurance company.

    Had an accident, filled out the MAA forms, insurance company wanted medical certificates, ER discharge papers etc.. Sent them all in.

    One form they want me to sign gives them permission for all medical records held at the hospital where I was treated. It is written that they get all records regardless of whether it relates to my injuries or not.

    I was born in the said hospital so naturally I don't think they need all my medical records. Will not signing the form give them an excuse to not process my claim or is the ER discharge papers enough?

  2. Common sense would say that they are a business and wont waste time on documents that arent relevant.