Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Covert Qld bike cop............

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Rogues, Jun 15, 2010.

1. #1 Rogues, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    theres about 4 vids of this guy on facebook at the moment,
    relaying info to colleagues ahead

2. I'm not going to complain about them hunting people on phones, they deserve a coffee for doing that.
  3. you never know who is watching do you.
  4. 100% for people on their phones, but for people going 10 k's over on a long straight road sounds a little stupid
  5. Too right.
  6. Plus, the guy gets fully worked up with the guy and pillion overtaking. It sounds like he's getting off on it.

And the guys speeding: "he's going 65. 65! *looks at speed* - 70!!! 70!!!! *looks at speedo* 75!!! 75 in a 60 zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  7. He didnt say anything about the bike following a little close for comfort with a pillion on the back... plenty of goings on about speed, even though that was contributing approx zero risk to whatever he was doing.
  8. What was interesting about that whole thing was that the rider was following the white commodore for most of the time the bike was speeding, and yet not a single thing was said about the car's actions.
  9. Anyone care to explain what happens in covert bike 3?
  10. exactly! the car was traveling at the exact same speed.
  11. caught up to bike from #2
  12. Does anyone know what kinda bike hes riding?
  13. The fact that guy seemed to be pinned only for the phone use is my preference for cops on patrol rather than the revenue rasing cameras with bullsh&t tollerance.

I have family members that are/were cops and they've told me more than once that if they see a vehicle drift over a few k's and back they wouldn't waste their or the drivers time.
    That video seems to suggest that......
  14. i just detest him for getting off on the speed in #2. 70, 70!!! 70!!!!!!!!! in a 60 zone!!!!! 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a 60 zone!!!!!!!!!! 82, 84!!!!!!!!! eugh...
  15. Maybe it's a proceduaral thing that need to follow for evidence??

I'm surprised there's more worry about HOW the officer is acting as opposed to the stupidity of the people being caught. If you do the crime, pay the penalty if you get caught.

I would rather that driver that was texting learn his lesson than me getting hit by said driver if he fails to pay attention on the road tomorrow and slams into my bike.
  16. He's riding a Triumph Sprint ST (1050) in a couple of the videos.
  17. I would expect the running commentary is entirely for the use of the officer in the second vehicle, and for the courts if it ever needs to go that far.
  18. +1 And the main offence was overtaking on a double white line, which he did twice.