Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Courses to build up to Trackdaying

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by 2ndclasscitizen, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Now that I've taken up riding, I should finally have something worth taking to a trackday. Can anyone recommend any courses/training that would be good to take to get up a good skill set before taking on a trackday once I feel I'm confident enough to? Stuff in/around Canberra preferably

2. just join in the slow group on any trackday, or do a cornering and braking course from toprider, staysafe, superbike school etc. You may have to travel a lttle
  3. Check out Champions, as they run trackdays at Goulburn's Wakefield Park, not too far away. I'm not sure if anyone uses it for rider training days though. I'd recommend an advanced rider traing followed by a cornering and braking course to get you "up to speed".StayUpright and HART have have courses in around Canberra in the past.