Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by McLvn, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Hey,

Did a search and found a few threads in regards to courier work in Sydney, but seem a little outdated.

I'm wondering if there is anybody currently doing it, as I'm looking for part time work, cause of study commitments.

This would only be for about six months, any advice would be appreciated.

2. i did it for 2 years on and off. a mate did it for 8 years. we agreed on the weekend it was a pretty terrible job for poor pay, i.e. wages have not kept pace with inflation, expenses, etc. police really want to nail you, you and your bike pay for it and you are in the saddle for 10 hours a day. i met some great people but wouldn't recommend it.

someone who'd been doing it for 16 years said he got paid more when he started then now. so the companies are making out like bandits and you aren't.
    the different companies: mail call, too many riders but they do have work. the others only have a few. smaller companies ( and i worked for a few ) are a little better as they aren't as corporate and may look after you.

all in all not the best part time job.