Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by geeth, Jun 14, 2009.

1. I am starting to look at gear to replace the stuff wrecked through my off. After looking at the damage and how it was caused I have got a couple of questions.

First off all with gloves - my now old pair had this bit on the palm not made of leather, it was like a mesh with rubber dot thing for wiping visor - this got ripped out to the skin of my hand. When looking at gloves I will be avoiding another other then full leather palm as much a can. I have noticed some gloves have padded lumps on the palms (for comfort I assume), are this likely to be at risk of getting rip off when they hit the ground?

With my jacket more the damage was done through panels being torn out. I wont be looking at textile this time it will be leather - Shift Diablo is looking nice - should I look for jackets where the leather is in bigger patches - less joins ?
    Also with leather jackets most of the descriptions don't mention back protection even foam, it is common that they don't have any form of back protection normally?
    As I am looking for a proper back protector this time to, should I find the protector I want and then find a jacket that will fit over it?

2. Most good quality leather jackets these days will have a foam back protector, but it's really only a protector in name not in fact.

Buy a proper back protector and then fir the jacket over it.
  3. Thanks for the replies.
    Will check out the 2 sites, colins is along way from here, but will check out the site.
  4. bikebiz have some cheap suits in the closeouts.
  5. I am not sure weather to go a 2 pc suit or not since most of my riding will be commuting.
    I will be sending collins leather an email when I can to see if they can make something to what I am after.
  6. with a 2 piece you can mix and match. wear the jacket with draggins during the week and with leather pants on the weekend. from collins you don't have to buy the jacket and pants at the same time.
  7. True, I have emailed them some questions and will go from there.

I like what I have seen of their product so far.