Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

couple of questions regarding the HONDA VFR800Fi

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mikey213, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just looking at bikes that sounded nice,looked nice,around $10,000.
    for a possible upgrade in the future...

i've only had the gs for 6 and a bit months, i'm on my green p's on the 18th of this month, so my understanding is i can ride a non lams bike after said date.

was just on bikesales, and i saw a couple of these bikes the honda VFR800fi, i really like the look of them and they sound reasonable in the technical aspect, i did a google search on reviews, and they weren't as helpful as i thought.

my future upgrade will be used for the same things i do now, a combination of touring (a little bit),normal riding (commuting), and fun in the twisty bits, i want full fairings.. as i've had 2 naked bikes now.

what is the general consensus on these bikes? there is one for sale at mornington honda, so test riding it shouldn't be an issue if its still for sale when i can make time.
    or has anyone got any other recommendations, i was looking at the vstrom, but all the threads on here seem to focus on how it doesn't look great.

obviously i haven't got the money to go out and buy it next week, id have to save and sell the gs, but it doesn't harm anyone, having a gawk now.

cheers guys.

2. I don't want to rain on your parade but your Lams restriction last for 12 months regardless of your "P" status. I assume you have a Victorian licence, it should have the date on there as to when your Lams restriction ends.
  3. it says
    licence type

R 18/7/2012
    then P 1 END DATE

so R = restricted until 18/7/2012??

i had my learners for 12 months (i was a bit in getting the p's done almost forgot about it tbh), and i'm almost finished with my red p's in a couple weeks (12 months on them), vicroads even sent me a letter to remind me.

are you saying i'm restricted for another 12 months even on my greens? that can't be right.

thanks hornet ill pop over there and have a read.
  4. R is the one you need to worry about, so you are ok after 18/7/2012 to ride whatever you like. You will probably see and E under conditions, turn your licence over and you will probably see E LAMS , No pillions 18/7/2012. Also probably something about 0.00 BAC

In Victoria LAMS restrictions last for 12 months from the date you got your licence, so you must have passed your test on 18/7/2011
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.