Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Country Vic Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by beans07, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I just realised after making a few posts that I haven't introduced myself :roll:

I am a 28yo Male from South West Victoria and have just bought my first two bikes in the last few days and am booked in for the test tomorrow.

The first was a $300 Yamaha DT175 1986 model that is a little rough but can't complain for 300 clams. It will be fine to thrash around the paddocks and local scrub.

The other is a brand new Suzuki GS500F K8 which I know they are like assholes and everyone has one but for me when I sat on it, it just felt right. Got a good deal on it too and it will be more than enough for me at this stage.

I decked myself out with a Shoei XR1000 helmet and Alpine stars Jackets (1 falcon textile with leather sleeves and a back protector and the other a RC-1 leather) along with a pair of sp-1 gloves, supertech-r boots, hornee jeans and also draggins camo jeans.

All ready to go but a bit disappointed as the bike can't be insured until I have a license (Swann) and I can;t get back to the shop until late next week (they aren;t open at the time I get my license) so unfortunately there will be a bike and gear sitting here waiting to be ridden but can;t until I get insurance sorted out.

I guess it wont be so bad as I can troll around the net getting more information and tips.

2. Hi and welcome to NR.

Here is your first tip. Take a shirt off before trying to iron it.

3. Cheers mate taken on board.

I am more than happy to sit back and take in all the information and tips from the Old Hands. :wink:

4. Hi there and welcome! :grin: