Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Country Roads

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by mrkotter, Apr 12, 2008.

1. I've been looking forward to doing this.

Finally mid semester break and no assignments and I only work through the week. Free Time! So I decided to take a blast up through maitland then to morpeth, Raymond Terrace and then back to Newy.

I had so much fun, I love country roads. I saw plenty of riders, nodded to most. The drivers were polite and gave me plenty of room and stayed back when I was doing 80 in 100 zone. A speed triple blasted past and I fell in love.

The only bad point as soon as I got back into Newcastle some idiot in a 4x4 started tailgating me in a 50 zone. Dunno why must been from the huge grin on my face.

So after a month of having my l's I cannot see myself giving up riding. So other newbies what has been your best experience on a bike so far? Experienced riders suggest some things that us newbs should do.

2. My best experience as a newbie...Doing national park 6 times in one night after having my L's for 2 weeks. Then the following night chase a couple of friends skylines and on the return lead them through it.

$3k bike versus $20k car. :p
    Bang for your buck or what?

Also parking in the city for free and being able to find parking easily.

The worst thing about riding is carrying all the gear after you've reached your destination.