Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Country Internet???

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Seany, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone can name a service provider that does internet in country areas at a reasonable price. Optus and Telstra don't seem to offer broadband, just wireless broadband but they also expect people to sell vital organs in order to pay for it.

Is there anyone in country victoria with a half decent internet plan? My desk top isn't wireless capable anyway.
  2. I'm with people.net.au
    $40 10gb pm (no peak/off peak) still at 512/256 but its quick enough.

Have a look at www.whirlpool.net.au and run their ISP search
  3. Cool, this was reassuring. It seems the number we used when searching was not on the exchange or something. A randomly harveted number from the same area produced heaps of results.

Thanks for that Chris. :)

Optus still says no though. :(
  4. Seany, Are you moving back to the Bush?
  5. You still need to be within 11km (I think) of an ADSL enabled exchange.
    Thats 11km of cable, not road. I was 8km by road once and it was to far. If the main players say no there will be a good reason. If a minor player says yes Tel$tra can still knock them back.

Good luck.
  6. you could always go satelite, although latency would be an issue. whirlpool is the best place to look though.