Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Could this fall under warranty?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Meph, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Hi,

Today i rode home (in the wet yay) and i put the bike in the garage/carport, hopped off, and pulled back on the handle bars (as i do, to make sure its on the stand correctly) and i head a bit of a pop. I thought something had fallen behind me, but i couldnt see what it was, i forgot about it.

I returned to the garage/carport to get a tool tonight and then i saw it

broken1.
    broken2.

cracked straight down the middle, and you can see theres no impact involved. my questions is, could this be covered under warranty, or am i up for a few hundred bucks?

2. Warranty??

Good luck.

You should buy a lottery ticket if that gets fixed under warranty?
    If the bike is brand new, maybe for the sake of the relationship the dealer can convince the maker to shout you a mirror, but otherwise, me thinks you are paying

3. Warranty i think not, and theres no way that should cost ya any more than $ :grin: 30-50

4. Your best chance is if this is a common problem.
    Otherwise you have very little chance, but its worth asking.

5. Take it to a glass shop, cost around $25 to replace

6. probably. it can be categorized as defective.

i always get free bulb change during my car warranty (holden)

7. If there is NO impact visible I'd be asking for a replacement.

It may be an undersized mirror housing that caused a stress fracture of the glass.

If it's a new bike I'd be demanding it.

8. Exactly what Vic said. :wink:

Make sure you force the issue.. If they value you as a customer they will replace it regardless..

9. I would be amazed if they replaced it under warranty. I have a brand new left mirror to suit a GT250/650R in my shed that I never used and I no longer have the bike. It cost $129 you can have it for $70.

10. If the parts are defective (from new - in other words had an inherent or concealed fault) and you didn't cause the damage (harder to prove) you are entitled to repair / replacement under warranty.

If the bike is older good luck.

11. i called Peter Stevens today and they said it was just over $100 for the mirror.

I think ill check out some glaziers etc over the next few days, and if they cant help than if you still have yours oz650r, ill drop you a pm.

12. I would've replied "For the price of wanting $100 for the mirrors, you just lost a lifetime of me buying from you guys again AND servicing + parts + clothes! See how quickly they come around to playing your game... :eek: fcukers!

13. I think there is some sort of problem with the RHS mirrors on these things... I have heard of them (the RHS mirror) bracking without any cause... I would defenately go back to your dealership and ask if it is a warrenty issue...