Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Could have been a motorbike

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by ._., Jul 14, 2010.

1. #1 ._., Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Just a quick video of something I passed this morning on the way to work.

[media=youtube]FldnlHcMB88[/media]

Congested freeway travelling at 80km/h. Speeding not a factor. Driver training definitely a factor. There is another car directly in front of the broken Astra. Looks like someone ran the pit maneuver on the Astra, which caused them to skid sideways infront of a truck. My guess puts the black Chrysler 300C parked directly in front of the Astra at fault (there was a nice black mark on the back right bumper of the Astra, which can't really be seen in the video).

If you don't know how to do somethign simple like change lanes you shouldn't be driving. Plain and simple.

Lucky it wasn't a motorcyclist they hit. Would have ended up underneath someones bumper and on the news.

2. Damn that sucks.
    One thing I was wondering though....
    Were you letting that silver 4wd in or did he start merging on top of you?

3. Just as a guess, I'd say the Astra driver was driving along, decided to change lanes to the RIGHT, didnt see the whopping big truck and merged into it, got caught on the LHS front corner of the truck and pushed along until the truck stopped.

4. Lady in the silver 4wd looked totally lost so I let her in before she decided she was going to drive on to me. If I didn't stop, she would have most likely merged in to me out of pure confusion of seeing a motorbike there and not a car.