Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cost to fit fairing kit?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by FLYREX, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

Just wondering what it might cost to get a full fairing kit fitted and recommended places to get it done.

I'm in melbourne and looking to fit a kit like this:

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance
  2. My fairings all come off with allen keys and phillips head screws. Its pretty easy why not do it yourself?
  3. Ditto on doing it yourself. If you've bought the kit from a specific store, however, they should more than happily fit it for you. Ask if its included in the price. I don't have any experience so can't reccommend.

Fitting yourself is easy, just buy a set of allen keys and a couple of screwdrivers (phillips & slot-type). Remember to disconnect indicators and headlights as you go, or you could damage something. Thats about all there is to it!

- boingk
  4. Do it yourself, its less likely going to end up broken.
    One time a bike shop removed my fairing, they snapped a tab and replaced it with a zip tie (and threw out the broken bits). Without telling me.
  5. I noticed yesterday on ebay .
    Really good looking all brand fairing in every colour and style you could want .
    $350 US .

Go to ebay..com {not au} put in "fairing" and the top 3 posts ,click on their store ,its called auctmarts.

NOTE ,I don't know this mob or know if they are any good etc ,just seen the stuff while on ebay.

EDIT ....OPPS just seen you wanted to get it fitted .
    Anyways someone might check them out.
  6. I'd look at local bike customisation shops/bike fairing repair/spraying shops as they'd likely have the most experience with them.

I think a few of you misunderstand, they're typically not the same as OEM and often require modification to fit correctly. Can be a real pain in the ass, but thats the downside of cheap fairings.
  7. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I had thought about doing it myself, but as phizog mentioned, it seems that aftermarket kits don't fit 100% and require a "little" work to make them fit properly. How much work is the million $ question to which I have no answer.

Hence I was a bit unsure of which way to go.

OEM kits are priced rediculously and the price of aftermarket kits varies quite a bit so I have no idea which kit is actually worth the price.
  8. I'd try to find someone who has bought a kit (preferably for the same bike year and model if possible) and had no hassles, and go with that supplier.
  9. Bruce (aka ZX9A6) fitted Chinese fittings on his GSXR and said they bolted up perfectly (maybe a hole or two needed widening). His bike looks sweet too.

Might be worth PMing him to see what brand/supplier he went with.
  10. sorry might be a bit late on this
    but check out the ebay ones, can get them from china for ca. $600 delivered
  11. x2