Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cost of a car key

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by undii, May 8, 2007.

1. Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows the (possible) cost of getting a car key cut. It's for a '96 Ford EF. We have one, but I can't find my one at moment. Will search the house for it next few days but I was seeing if anyone knew the possible cost involved and who do I contact/see to get this done. Atm it's not a pressing thin but I'll see how I feel about this in a week or two :eek:

2. Most locksmiths these days can cut a Tibbe key, maybe $20
  3. Key for my 97 Commodore was $18 at a locksmith. I guess it should be similar. I didn't get the door open button though, as I wanted to pop it in my wetsuit while surfing. :)
  4. Sounds a lot nicer than $200+ for some keys... Ta :) Hope that's the price :grin: Something going my way tonight for once..
  5. $340 for a set of Saab keys :shock:

I "lost" my keys yesterday, stupid hand has no feeling and I don't know if they are in my hand or not.

I now wear the Netrider Lanyard everywhere and hang my keys around my neck ;)
  6. Strangely enough, that's how I misplaced mine. I got a Triumph lanyard for my bday. I've put a house key, mbike key + car key on it. Strangely enough I can't find the car key. The car remote is still on the old key chain set (I have 5 sets of key chains with various keys on them) but car key is no where to be found. I'm going to one arm turn the house over (of what I can) in the next 2-3 weeks to see if I can find the f*cker.