Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cortech Tail Bag

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by PranK, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I recently bought a new Honda CB600F Hornet and decided that for the first time, I wasn't going to ugly my bike with a Ventura rack and bag. I tried taking my backpack to work, I tried my shoulder bag, but they fell awful to ride with and I spent far too much time adjusting myself and my bag and my concentration was obviously not on the road as much as it should have been. I started looking at tail bags and found that the majority of the Australian offerings were either cheap crap or stupidly over priced. I stumbled across a thread on some forum (maybe this one) that mentioned the Cortech bags, I jumped on eBay and had a look and decided for $USD67 + $USD18 postage, it was worth trying.

Anyway, it arrived today in the mail, I gotta say, I am already SO impressed by this bag. The straps are super tight and strong so wrapping them around the tail makes the bag feel like it is bolted down. It has wetsuit material on the bottom so it wont slide around. It is HUGE inside and ample for my wet gear and my laptop, phone, wallet etc (what I commute with daily) with space left over. It has a handle so you can carry it like a briefcase and a shoulder strap also. AND it comes with a rain cover which tightens around the bag. All in all, I am blown away by how good a product this is and I really wanted to recommend it on here as they have done such a great job.

My stupid windows laptop wont recognise my camera, so I will post pics when I get to work tomorrow and can get them off on my mac.

2. Thanks for the review pranK, I was just looking at this luggage 2nite for our st3r & s3. Do u know if there is any1 in AU that has these as I'd prefer a closer look b4 buying. Personally I like the tail & saddle bags for touring... would hold ALLOT!

3. Wow, thanks for the review.

I've been considering a tail bag for some time too. As the laptop can be quite heavy in my backpack.

So, the bag is secured onto the tail by the bungy cords/hooks that runs under the tail.
    Coupled with the wet-suit material at the bottom of the bag, is it secure ? Even with a light load ? Eg: work clothes and lunch ?

Can you tell me which Ebayer did you buy off ?

I've got a Cortech textile jacket for commuting, and I highly recommend their products.(y)

4. i just received my quote from an ebayer & delivery was far beyond what u outlined so u def got a deal!!

I'm reverting back to the trusty "Riders Discount" website (www.ridersdiscount.com) they ship internationally @ a flat rate of $25 & r a class act in my experience. I just bought $500 worth of gear & received it in a week! (WOW!) very happy girl i was :grin:

I'm undecided on luggage as I've now stumbled across the brand "firstgear" from this site too & the differences r marginal in size & pricing but it comes in gray & matches my bike... so torn!

5. ceska, the ebayers store is here; http://stores.ebay.com/Riders-Direct

Driven, Yep, the back is super secure on the back, of course that stil depends on how tight you have the straps, but generally totally fine, even with a light load. My straps are not all that tight at the back, just the front and I have had no probs at all.