Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cortech Jeans * UPDATED 9/7/08*

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by RED ZX, May 31, 2008.

1. Hey all.

Just thought I would post up my opinion on my new Cortech riding jeans.

Where do I start?
    First off, I have not had to test them in a slide yet.

Instead of Kevlar in the knees and seat like most motorcycle jeans, these have perforated leather, and also came with removable CE amour for the knees.

They are double stitched every where, and seem to be of good quality.
    The sizing is accurate, (I am a 38 in normal clothes, and a 38 fits me perfectly in these).

I have been wearing them a fair bit lately, and they are quite comfortable both on the bike and just around town.

Price was $159 including amour.

I would recommend them for people who are looking for something along the lines of draggin jeans.

*** UPDATE ***

Well after a fair bit of riding in these pants now, I am quite happy with them.
    In light showers of rain they remain fairly dry and warm, but when it buckets down you have no hope.
    I wore them to work, and for the 8 hours at work as a machine operator and back home again, and they were quite comfy, all I did was take the armour out when I got to work, and replaced it when I left again.

Only down side so far is that it takes about 2-3 days to dry them after a wash due to heavy fabrics.

I am quite happy and will most likely buy another pair or too.
  2. Nice one dude...especially getting all that testing in when you haven't got your license or bike yet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Aaaaahhhhh I looooove it. Anyhoo, I guess you've probly been cheeky and riding unlicensed on a friends bike... :wink: naughty! :)

You're not in the market for a headlight converter are you? Haha just being silly, I'm sure they're great, I'll get a pair myself. Maybe we should set up a group buy?

Welcome to NR mate. :)
  3. actually I have been using my pants with my Q Ride training, 5 hours use so far. Including one 1 1/2 hour ride.

I would not do something that stupid to ride unlicensed.

Cheers for the welcome too.
  4. Ahhh...good idea :)

You're lucky you can go to such a big bike straight away. Down here people ride bikes bigger than they're allowed to, personally I don't think the risk is worth it since it means they're pretty much unlicensed.

I'd be interested in what you thought of the jeans after wearing them for a while...I'm a Hornee man myself at the moment, but am looking to get a new pair coz I wear these 24/7. Keep us all updated! :grin:
  5. well hopefully I will now how they are going by the end of the week, should have the bike on the road on wed. All it needs is a front tyre and a RWC and I am riding. 20km mountain run each way to work, looking forward to it.
  6. See first post for update. :cool:
  7. How comfy are they with the armour in? I see you take it out for work? how easy is it to take out?

8. When your one the bike the armour is fine. But when standing up etc because your knees are not bent, the top of the armour rubs just under my kneecap.

To take them out all I do is sit down in the change rooms, undo my belt, and put my arms down the pants to undo the Velcro pocket and out they come. maybe 2 mins to remove both, and a little longer to put them back in, because you have to get them to line up right.

I totally forgot I had the armour in when on the bike, suits my knees well, only noticed it when stopped at lights and had one leg down.

Hopefully I will not have to comment on their protection in a crash, but if the worst should happen, I will be posting on here.