Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cornering courses - Australian Superbike School

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Gromit, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Has anyone here done one of the Aust Superbike School's cornering courses, and if so - what comments can you offer?

I'm pretty sure there's been another thread on this subject, but my crap search skills couldn't find one...

2. Well this is certainly well timed - was just about to start a thread on this very subject!
    Have just got back home from doing level one at ASBS this last weekend. I understand there were a couple of netriders down there - amongst them Ed (NearlyEmpty) who I said hi to. Sorry if I didn't catch anyone else.
    Can I just say, you will never do anything more valuable to improve your skills, your speed and most importantly your safety, than to do this course!
    I admit I baulked for a while at the cost (I'm not rich) but I now wish I had done it years ago, thinking of how much more enjoyable the riding could have been!
    It's not about roadcraft and survival skills - go to someone else for that - it's about cornering properly. Quickly and safely.
    I suppose it's possible that a top notch rider may already have the skills that are taught in Level 1 (maybe even beyond), but if that's the case you're probably not even thinking of doing it. For everyone else, just do it, you won't regret it. Or do someone else's course if you want, but for me nothing has improved my confidence and ability - in one day - than doing this course. It will suit any rider at any skill level (except perhaps those who think they have nothing left to learn). I think you have to be at least on your P's though. Everyone's closely monitored by the instructors and you get personal attention from them.
    And its just so much fun :D
  3. Thank you. :)

Now I know what I want for Xmas (fat chance)!

Hmmm - maybe I should just pass the hat around at Fri night coffee... Come on guys, it's a worthy cause! :LOL:
  4. Clive, I have no doubts about ASBS, but in the meantime, have you considered the Yarra Valley Council instructional rides?