Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Coporate Psychopathy, politicians and profit.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by gsxxer, Dec 16, 2011.

1. #1 gsxxer, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

A long but worthwhile video looking into psychopathy amongst people in influential positions.

Id like to see the Victorian police and government tested ASAP.

2. No takers? Its something to keep in mind when digesting the rhetoric of public figureheads, especially ones that arent generally liked around Aus, yet manage to manipulate the public all the same.
  3. If you want to see psychopathy, look no further than your nearest union official.
  4. im watching it later
  5. Good doco. Thanks. I had set it aside and watched it in two sittings.

Add Megalomaniacs and Control Freaks to the stuff they're talking about, and you don't have to look very far at all.
  6. I watched the first half hour. I bit light, but an interesting and fun topic as always. I was interested to see mention of the perspective that these people do harm to business organisations. Hopefully that will be a motivator for businesses to take the issue seriously despite that fact that harm to employees won't necessarily motivate a lot of money-hungry organisations when it comes to promotions. I don't know much about neuroscience, but given the ability to map the differences of a psychopath's emotional lack of response, hopefully one day when people are put in serious power over others, not only will the employment process include a health check as it currently does to protect the company, but it might include a neurological examination to save the company from being sued by consequently harmed employees - and so save those other employees in the first place!
  7. I'm about to start reading that book 'Snakes in Suits'
  8. Haven't watched the video yet, but there was an article going around a few years ago that mentioned how the selection criteria for execs in large corporations favoured sociopaths, and that the financial crises of the past few years was and is, in part, fuelled by those sociopaths.

There is a statistic that 1 in 100 men and 1 in 200 women are sociopaths or have sociopathic tendencies.

The article in question.